Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Aftermath of Sandy

We've been pretty fortunate over here in that we had had power flickers but no full outage.  Although the water rose, it didn't rise high enough to flood us, so with the exception of cable services out for a day (no TV, Internet, phone) we were good.  Especially since I have a mobile broadband card that I was able to share with B.  It will be a while before I am traveling back to the office, though. It's right by the Battery, and under water.  This is what it looked like yesterday:


Got a call from the insurance company that the Gan.irelix is long term out of stock (wish they'd confirmed this when I transferred the Foll.istim script). There is also a hold on UPS deliveries to 10 states and DC, so the best they may be able to do is next week. Particularly with LaGuardia airport still under water. There's a runway under here.
  

Luckily I have Men.opur left to start with.  I called the Dr's office to see if they preferred Gan.irelix or Cetro.tide, but there was a recorded message that the office is closed until further notice due to the dangling crane on 57th street

This is almost a comedy of errors.  Given that there are people who lost homes and/or loved ones, however, I can only look at it as a minor headache.  I really feel for people who were mid-cycle who had already triggered had egg retrievals or embryo transfers cancelled. I wonder how the clinics will deal with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment