Friday, February 9, 2018

First OB appointment

Wednesday was my first appointment with Dr. L. He remind me somewhat of a GYN I had who spoke really fast and always had one foot out the door. Fortunately, I did feel like he was answering all of my questions and he took his time with the exam part.   B was super late and missed the whole talking part, which didn’t help my anxiety levels any. Fortunately, the told me they would wait for him for the exam part. That was the first time he saw the little one, who was “dancing” up a storm! That was a lot of fun to watch. Due to my past surgeries, it’s been determined that I will deliver via c-section sometime in mid-August (bet 8/16-8/30). So at 9w6d, I probably have 27 weeks left instead of 30. I prefer Leos to Virgos, so I’ll have to see when the dates are. I liked the idea of having the baby on 8/18/18 at exactly 37 weeks, but that’s a Saturday and Dr. L mentioned preferring the presence of full staff. 8/16/18 has a nice cadence as well...

Have to go back in 2 weeks for an NT scan and NIPT, non-invasive prenatal testing that screens for chromosomal abnormalities. I’m trying to figure out how to leave work for a half day without telling them yet. I’d really prefer to wait until the next trimester... especially since I’m just ending my fourth week.

Dr. L seems to be very sympathetic to IVF patients, though he mentioned that once I get to this point, I’m now like everyone else 😊. He said that after going through all of the effort to get pregnant, he would recommend NIPT before doing CVS or an amniocentesis  due to the risk they carry; basically only if they are truly necessary. He also said that at this point the chances of miscarriage are very low. From his lips to God’s ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment