Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A difference

I almost named this post “fear”. Mainly because of the way I’ve been feeling. As the sickness wears off and my boobs hurt less, I was really starting to not feel pregnant. Burgeoning belly not withstanding, my mind was a barrage of all the things that could not be going right. Two weeks ago I started spotting, and ended up going for an ultrasound. Everything looked fine, and they said I’m just one of those lucky people that happens to. Fortunately, it stopped by the next day.

Now it’s been two weeks without an ultrasound, and every symptom that I look up that could mean something benign or concerning has me fearing the worse...

...Or, it did. I told myself to shake it off. Out loud. Told B how I was feeling and my fear, which helped a little to alleviate it. The rest of it was shaken off as I sat at my desk at work and felt three quick pulses a few inches below my navel as my baby moved for the first time.

What a difference a day makes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment