Saturday, July 11, 2015

Thoughts and updates

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post.  I thought about posting a couple of times but then I would feel a little down and I didn't want to be too "woe is me".  Also, I'm feeling a little like I'm letting infertility define who I am as a person.  While it is a part of who I am, I'm hoping that it doesn't last forever...

So I still want to be a mom. And I still want to give birth.  I have my WTF appointment next week, so I will hear what Dr E. has to say.  I'm starting to wrap my head around maybe having to do a donor cycle. In the meantime, I'm taking the summer off from assisted reproductive technologies and working on losing 10 pounds.

Now on to the potentially interesting stuff.  On Thursday, spoke with a former colleague M who works at SM Co, the company I left last September.  She is really unhappy there and tried to apply to some positions where I am now, but wasn't accepted. While I was speaking with her, I looked on the website of HM Co and mentioned that there is another friend of mine that works there... low and behold, there is a Project Manager position.  I told M that I would speak with him.  So I text him that I see there is a PM position there, and I wanted info, to which he replies, "Please come here!!!".

Wow.  I called him Thursday night, and we spoke for a while.  I mentioned the position for M and he told me what that group was (not his) and what the salary range with likely be.  I knew M would jump at it... I would.

Then he tells me that his group has a horrible program manager and that he wants me to work with his group. O.M.G.  To say it would open up other opportunities for me would be an understatement.

If it were just about the money, I would say that I probably wouldn't last there long. But I'm not super happy where I am now, mainly because I feel like my manager is taking all the plum assignments and giving me the crap.  I already knew that I had an expiration date on my time here, so now I'm super excited about what could be.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment: