Thursday, April 30, 2015

WTF appointment and other updates

So since I have some downtime, I figured I'd share my WTF appointment details. For those unfamiliar, it's exactly what it sounds like: an appointment where you discuss what the f**k went wrong. The first thing Dr. E said was, "you're feeling better." Nice to know that my face contorted in pain didn't go unnoticed ;) He is actually pretty optimistic about another cycle--only thing he would change is maybe triggering me a day earlier. He also wants to start monitoring me as soon as AF comes back to see when I'm going to ovulate, and then patch me. So if all goes well, probably cycling again by the end of May. I'm both anxious and afraid. And also looking at some grants to ease the financial stress. I've shared a bunch of stories recently about doctors, nurses, phlebotomists (love that word!) with sucky bedside manners... let me just say that my primary nurse L has really been great. I was sitting with Dr. E at the appointment, and she was calling to check on me. Then Miss D, who has taken my blood many times, didn't know about the outcome of my cycle. After I told her, she let me talk about it and she cried a little with me and gave me a hug. Quality healthcare really does take quality people.

No comments:

Post a Comment