Monday, March 9, 2015

What's luck got to do with it?

Waiting for retrieval yesterday, a doctor came in and began talking to this woman about the surgery he had done on her partner. He wanted to make sure he was ok... That sort of thing. As he left, he said, "Good luck today."

Luck. Hmmm. That started me thinking. Egg meets sperm. Sperm fertilized egg isn't that science? Or is it all really just magic? Why are some people born wealthy, and some poor? Is it the luck of the draw that people have kids they don't want, while others suffer through infertility? Who draws on my behalf? If This is the Lord's decision, why is this a cross that I must bear?

So now I've had my fertilization (fert) report: 3M retrieved, 2 fertilized, 1 normal. So I will hopefully be transferring one on Wednesday. 

These are the exact same numbers I got on the cycle that actually made it to transfer 3 years ago. 

Just a my luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment