Friday, March 13, 2015

2dp3dt - transfer details LONG

It's 5:30 am on the second day after my transfer (2 days post-3-day transfer, as the title of this post indicates). Since I'm awake, I figured I would share some details. 

During retrieval they told us that they would call on Wednesday at tell us if transfer would be that day, and that they are usually after 2 pm. I decide to go in the office so I am close by and ask B is he coming to be there or just afterwards to pick me up. He says he will be there. 

I find out at 12:15 that they want me to go up at 2, and i text him immediately. He calls me back at 12:55... He still has to shower.  Why would he wait until the last minute?!?!

I go up, and tell them that I'm waiting for my husband before I change. No problem. He gets there, then I go change and they take my vitals. 140/74! I've never had that high a blood pressure in my life!  The nurse asks me if I'm anxious about the procedure. I guess so! The woman next to me makes eye contact to wish me good luck, and I do the same. 

Back into the waiting room to drink more water for the requisite full bladder, then they call me again. No, B stays here. Oops! That different from my experience at the other place. Looks like he may have rushed unnecessarily. 

Go through the big white doors to another waiting area, where there are two people waiting already. The first one goes in, then the second. I'm noticing the pattern of when they are going to call the next person. Two more people come in, and we start talking, wishing each other luck.  Now it's my turn. 

I'm instructed to walk into this room that looks like it's the same one the retrieval was in. Everyone is in high spirits. Dr. C introduces himself and tells me he will do my transfer. Dr. L re-introduces herself to me and tells me that she will do my ultrasound. She knows that it will be uncomfortable with my bladder full, but not to pee on her; "pee on Dr. C instead."  I have to laugh. 

In goes the speculum and a catheter. Dr. L shows me the tip of the catheter on the ultrasound screen. Dr. C shows me a picture of the embryo...8 cells!!!! I'm really happy now, as that's better than the last time. Excitement kicks in big time. 

The embryologist comes in with the dish, and Dr. C inserts the embryo. They check to confirm that there's nothing left in the dish or tubes, and then I'm done. The nurse wishes me luck. Shifted to a mobile bed and wheeled to recovery. I turn my head and wave to the women waiting as we pass by and get thumbs up and best wishes in return. 

They call B into recovery to sit with me. He is amazed that it's done already and questions why he had to get there early. I brush off the comments and he goes back to his game on his phone. After half hour, a nurse comes in and says I can get dressed and go ether bathroom. So glad I was sparing with the water!

Dressed and on our way. A little crampy, but manageable. 

Now the wait begins. Had dinner with a former colleague last night, who is 6 months pregnant. Wanted to say, "I'm pregnant, too!" Hoping and praying that it's the case. Will find out in 10 more days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment