Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Ramblings

My friend Everitt came to town during the week, and sent me a text about getting together. I'd rather he'd given me a heads up before he got here, but he's always been a fly by the seat of his pants guy so I'm not sure why I thought that would change.  So on Saturday we went to dinner: M and me, Everitt, and another mutual friend, Janelle.  Had fun closing the restaurant down, and then went into the city to a lounge. I've discovered a new intolerance for liquor: I was totally nauseous after two martinis at dinner.  Thought I was good once we hit the lounge and ordered another drink.  Sipped it for two hours, alternating between the drink and my water. M looked at me funny when he asked if I wanted another drink and I told him cranberry and seltzer.  The older I get, the cheaper a date I become.

After partying until the wee hours, I dragged myself out of bed to serve communion at church.  We do it by intinction, where you dip the bread in the wine; I got to hold the wine.  This is the first time I've served it that way, and it amazed me how people picked over the bread.  Kinda grossed me out some.  Glad I don't see it often.  Guess the Mark 7 scripture reference about clean hands was directed at me.

Now it's Monday afternoon, and I feel totally lazy.  I should wash a load of clothes, do some cleaning and wash my hair, not necessarily in that order.  Instead, I am surfing the web and posting on my blog.  I am renaming Labor Day to Lazy Day. Unofficially, of course.

-Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment