Monday, September 24, 2012

Triggering

Quick update on trigger yesterday and today's stuff. Got the call at noon to trigger at 8:30 for ER at 7:30 on Tuesday. I figured I'd start the process at 8:20 to give the HCG time to dissolve. Unbeknownst to me I was going to need the extra time to psych myself if for sticking a 1.5" needle in my backside. Now one and a half inches isn't super long... Unless its a needle. Then it's looooong! After several deep breaths and staring at the needle inches from my right cheek I literally took the plunge.

Not as bad as I thought, frankly, and better than my thigh mishap.

This morning was the day to get up and take an HCG urine test to confirm that retrieval could occur tomorrow. It's basically a false positive pregnancy test. I am super tempted to get a box of HPTs so I can see one that says "Pregnant". Sad really. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment