Monday, June 15, 2015

Trigger and Retrieval Days

Triggered at 1:15 am on Saturday, and then had pre-op at 6:30, so not a lot of sleep.  Found out that I would be last for retrieval.  Came home and did some chores around the house.  In the afternoon, my sister came by for help with the party favors for my nephew (marshmallows decorated like minions).  As my sister and the kids arrive, I hear water.  Quite a bit of water.  My upstairs neighbors apparently had some flooding which caused problems in both levels of our unit.  Now we get to replace a light fixture, ceiling drywall, and perhaps a mildewy carpet... all stress that I needed the day before a retrieval.

Retrieval day arrived bright and early.  My sister and the kids left at midnight, so I had another night without much sleep.  I had to be there at 8:30, B at 10:45.  I told him 10:30, since he elected to drop me off and then come back.  I should have said 10, since he got there at 10:50.  Fortunately they weren't exactly on time... I got called back into the second waiting room about 12:45ish.  Went on the table at 1:41 (I asked), and told the doctor that my ovaries have been hiding some.  He noted that they had done 2 abdominal scans to see my follicles. Evidently, they decided that was the best course because I woke up about 4pm in recovery with a bandage high on my pelvis.

And the verdict is ...one.  They retrieved one egg. I'm upset, and will be unless I get good news today that this one fertilized properly and that I had something to transfer.

More to come, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment